Due to personal reasons, for the time being, I shall be celebrating Women in Horror Month online, discussing the work of the incredible women I have encountered over the years and looking to what the future looks like for women working in horror. Jennifer xo


Find me on social media @jennifersbodies on Twitter and Instagram.


"Jennifer’s Bodies is a roving annual festival of female-helmed horror movies and part of Women In Horror Recognition Month, an international assortment of affiliated events organised partly to highlight just how much women can and do contribute to the genre outwith the typically accepted factors of tits, ass and mezzosoprano screaming." Starburst Magazine

Wednesday 5 February 2020

Women In Horror Spotlight - Revisiting Jen Moss's The Morning After, Starring Kate Nash

After being invited to take part in a new book on women in horror, I've been thinking a lot about some of my favourite films that I have screened over the years.  It's inspiring to see just how far women have come since Hannah Neurotica started this movement, so much has been accomplished, but there is still a long way to go yet.  With that in mind, I have decided to take a look back over some of my favourite films over the years, from those that I have screened, to those that I just bloody well love!  I'll be sure to share links as to where you can watch/buy said films too.  :) 



So first up, Jen Moss's The Morning After.  Starring singer Kate Nash in what would be her most excellent debut film role, The Morning After was a film that I instantly loved due to its quirky dark humour focusing on addiction...with a twist! ;) Check it out, and let me know what you think! 


I found a recent podcast where Jen Moss talks about her job as director of music supervision at Warner Music, where she helps to create the musical soundscape of films and has worked on a variety of films including genre films Prevenge, 47 Metres Down and Malevolent, as well as various non-horror films such as I, Tonya and American Animals amongst others.  It provides a really interesting look into a side of the industry that we don't often hear about.  I love how Jen gives a shoutout to Prevenge's Alice Lowe at the end as well.  You can check out the podcast here

On top of still doing music and soundtracks and stuff, Kate Nash has continued to act, most recently with a prominent role in Netflix's super popular female wrestling show GLOW.  


Oooh, also one of the things I absolutely adore about Kate Nash...she loves bunnies!  Found this really great interview with her earlier where she talks bunnies, mental health and Veganism, it's well worth a read and encompasses so much of what I love in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be a douche...the comments section is there for constructive criticism and praise...not for asshole trolls to rant! Ya dig!?!