Due to personal reasons, for the time being, I shall be celebrating Women in Horror Month online, discussing the work of the incredible women I have encountered over the years and looking to what the future looks like for women working in horror. Jennifer xo


Find me on social media @jennifersbodies on Twitter and Instagram.


"Jennifer’s Bodies is a roving annual festival of female-helmed horror movies and part of Women In Horror Recognition Month, an international assortment of affiliated events organised partly to highlight just how much women can and do contribute to the genre outwith the typically accepted factors of tits, ass and mezzosoprano screaming." Starburst Magazine

Friday 13 February 2015

Jennifer's Bodies 2015 UPDATE!

Howdy!

Okay, sorry for the late update.  Had a bit of a personal nightmare over the past couple weeks as those on my FB will have seen, and then been helping with cleaning and moving and stuff....things all a bit chaotic!!  Fucking typical...right at the start of the month where I have fucking shitloads to do.

Anyhoo...for those of you who tuned into the Horror Happens Radio Show this past Tuesday will have heard me say, Jennifer's Bodies is going to be the first weekend in March.  Why is this I hear you say?  :)  Due to the delightful Miss Tristan Risk being over in Scotland at the start of March for some pre-production on my fellow Scot, Andy Stewart's fourth short, Redacted...I decided to bleed into March with Jennifer's Bodies and host it the first weekend in March, when Risky is here.


Also, it turns out getting a venue in Glasgow during February is a bit of a fucking nightmare due to both Frightfest at the end of the month, and the Glasgow Film Festival, which is on ALL month....so they're all charging a fortune and stuff.  And then when I did find somewhere that was looking to be pretty sweet, I realised it was just too damn small!!  Haha. 

I have almost gotten everything to completely confirmable status, and in true Jennifer fashion, stumbled into meeting more incredible people who can further help promote Women in Horror, Jennifer's Bodies and Scottish film in general.  Due to where it is, things take a little longer to go through, but should be able to give our full details on Monday.  I just don't wanna jinx it.  But the place where it is, is THE perfect fucking place.  Like, to the max!  :)  

Keep yer peepers peeped, and I'm away to post the start of the lineup after the break.... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be a douche...the comments section is there for constructive criticism and praise...not for asshole trolls to rant! Ya dig!?!